Friday, January 30, 2009

Last day of Freedom

I recently got a p/t job to fill in space at the end of the budget each month. Sadly it has nothing to do with music, but everything to do with getting paid regularly. My husband sells Real Estate and no further explanation is really needed as to why a p/t job would be appealing that is if you have followed the news. I do want to preface this blog and say how completely amazed at the work ethic and attitude of Ward through this difficult year of surviving the real estate crash and economy. God has been so faithful to provide and Ward has not let this get him down, rather he has fought through, coming up with new ideas, plans, and trusts there will one day be a time where houses sell quicker than you can put a sign up. But for now as we wait for that hopeful time, I am going to work for a company called Netbiz. The beautiful thing is that this job will allow me to work the hours that my kids are at school, what a huge gift from God that is.
Well Today Friday and I decided to do some "last day of freedom" fun. I am a city girl so had to go to Portland and hit a store that I have wanted to check out for quite some time. It is called "The Buffalo Exchange". I needed some new pants for my new office job and couldn't really spend what department stores want. SO I found 2 pair of pants each $10 bucks!! This place is awesome, totally fun stuff, different, recycled-which might bother some- but unique which I like. I am a vintage girl at heart and wish I was a size 2 so I could fit in true vintage clothing (they were smaller back then). Some of the items on the racks seemed a little much for being recycled clothes, but all in all I went away with great deals. I posted a few other pics from my "last day of freedom day" .

Here is a guy I saw who I thought was holding a small child but as I got closer realized both of us must think it is a small child. He had drawn a face on, and dressed a stuffed doll pretending it was a real kid... ok....
then I decided to go to lunch with Ward at our favorite place to split a salad at "Paradise Bakery" We always get the large salad and cookies which comes out to be about $8 which totally fills us up and it is so tasty!! They have the best cookies too.
below is the SW chicken Caesar which is similar to a taco salad.



Our coffee and cookies and notice the beautiful display of creamers!! I love it when places offer International Delight creamers it makes me really happy.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job. I know it's more of a necessity right now, but how cool that it's so close and you can work around the kiddos schedules. That is a HUGE blessing.

    ReplyDelete