Friday, January 21, 2011

Baked Spaghetti-YUM


This is such a great dish that I got from my mom. She is addicted to magazines and likes tearing out articles and recipes which I am the grateful beneficiary of from time to time. I altered the original because I'm not a big tomato fan or green pepper and I normally don't have those in my house, but this is still delicious. Those ingredients do add a nice color to the dish. I added mushrooms to the mix tonight as well chopping them up in the chicken mixture.
I color coded the steps w/ ingredients so you don't lose track as you make it, something I tend to do often. Enjoy!
Baked Spaghetti



1 c onion chopped
1T butter
1 can chopped olives
2 t oregano
1 lb of cooked chicken/cut in pieces
Optional: chopped mushrooms
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom OR Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 c. water



2 cups shredded cheese
12 oz package of Angel Hair Pasta
1/4 grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Boil Angel hair Spaghetti
In a pan saute onions in butter, add olives, oregano, and chicken simmer uncovered for 10 min. If a little dry, add some water or olive juice from the can. (optional additional ingredients: 1 can of tomatoes w/ liquid, green pepper)
Mix together soup and water

Drain noodles, add a little oil to the pan, line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with 1/2 the noodles. Then cover that layer with 1/2 the chicken mixture, spread 1/2 the cheddar cheese and repeat layers.
Pour Soup mix over the top of all the layers and top with parmesan.

Bake 350 for 30 min

No comments:

Post a Comment