Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Boys + Chili = well you know

This Post Brought to You by The Makers of Beano

So, am I asking for trouble making a really good chili? Yep I think so especially after the boys each had 3 bowls. Let the rumbling war begin. Probably should have made this on a Friday night, which would be more considerate to their schoolmates, but too late.

I know there are probabaly amazing chili recipes out there, and mine could have used a little more zip, which come to find out I may have left a few things out accidently. I was just thankful I had 9 out of the 10 ingredients already in my kitchen. A late run to the store for the final item worked fine.

After throwing all the ingredients in the crock pot, so easy, I had ample time to make some Jiffy cornbread mix real quick. (note if leaving this for husband, he might text you for honey, be sure to have some on hand, sadly I didn't :( )

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 rib of celery, chopped
29 oz can of stewed tomatoes (I left that out!)
2 16 oz cans Chili Beans, Undrained
1/2 cup of Ketchup
1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce ( I can't say that)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dry mustard (oops forgot this)
1 TBSP Chili Powder
2 6oz cans of tomato paste

Brown ground beef, celery, onions, Drain Place in Slow cooker
Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well
Cover, Cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-5 (I did high)
Serve with Fresh Warm Cornbread
Recipe from "Fix it and Forget It Cookbook"
I was hoping for a little stronger reaction but I think he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment