Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Paula Deen's Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

This My Presentation Plate
The title sounds way more difficult than this recipe ended up being. I will say my kitchen was a disaster after making this but it was a nice change from the bottled Alfredo sauce over noodles and chicken, which on many occasions has been the only option for something that looked like dinner. NOT that there is anything wrong with convenience food, I'm just trying to actually make things by mixing more than 2 ingredients.

I found this Recipe in the 2008 Christmas edition of Paul Deen Magazine. You might be wondering why I had this magazine sitting around after 3 years, well you know how life is.. busy and I hadn't gotten around to tearing out any recipes or pictures for my "happy book" (that is a binder of cute things I find in magazines). I'm glad I didn't throw this away because I'll definitely do this recipe again only ad a little more liquid to the sauce or a little less noodles to soak up the sauce.. The noodles were kind of sticky. I will say this recipe wasn't as cheap as some others, more of a special meal. It calls for Gruyere cheese which was $4.99 for 1 cup or so. YIKES!!! But the good thing is there are leftovers saving my husband from having to eat out for lunch.

The recipe was sort of long so click on the link to view and print.

Paula Deen's Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment