Monday, January 16, 2012

Hubs goes Hunting!

So Hubs went on his first hunting trip this last weekend!!! I thought for sure he was going to die either on the road there or by another hunter's shot, so I made sure he contacted our Life insurance agent so things were dialed in before he left. I hate when Hubs is gone, although the kids and I get to stay up really late and eat random meals all weekend which is fun. Hubs got a new bright orange hat and pulled out the old shotgun he inherited from his Dad that has remained in its case and under our bed for 17 years. Not knowing if the shotgun could still shoot a bullet, just knowing its existence in our house was comforting. Truth is, Hubs sleeps through most scary sounds. I am the ears and eyes of the family at night and when there is something to freak out about I whisper in that LOUD whisper "HUBS GET UP, GO CHECK OUT THE SOUND" well for pete's sake when he finally gets up and fumbles around for his glasses the sound is gone. (Whenever he is searching for his glasses in the dark it reminds me of the Scooby Doo episodes where Velma drops her glasses right near the ghost and she is searching frantically for them and FINDS them just in time!! ) To his credit he always finds them and does check out the the things that I hear at night without too
much grumbling.  I got a text and picture that Hubs Shot a (click here to read the rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment