Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WOW Burger- You Better Wear Knit Pants



  
After doing a few reviews on other Burger joints in the surrounding areas and being invited to come do a review of The Original WOW Burger,  I counted my calories for the day, and begged my husband to take me to The Original WOW burger, for lunch.  WOW!! he said yes! 

Being a self-proclaimed restaurant critic, I have my radars on the second I walk in the door and WOW I open the door and am greeted with SPAM cans on the shelf.   I can’t remember one person I have met except a missionary from the island of Papua New Guinea, that has actually said they liked SPAM, but I will proceed on and appreciate TOWB’s attempt to be different by embracing SPAM.   The place itself has sort of an updated industrial feel, complete with giant circulating  fans, plenty of seating and a counter that one can sit at and watch your “custom” burger be made. 

Browsing the menu, there is an instant awkwardness of the awareness that the girl at the counter has a nice view up our noses, as we stare and ponder the menu above  (Take a moment to tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.. now picture someone staring at you.. yep that’s the view.. poor girl).
After figuring out the system, I pick the patty size and then see that beyond the tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and special WOW sauce, the rest of the toppings to customize your burger are extra.  TOWB Burger also uses hormone free meat (not sure about that Spam).  When trying a new Burger joint, I like to just get the original to see what it all started with.. add the cheese and of course fries are a big part of this burger equation. 

We pick our spot, wait for about 10 minutes and are presented with this HUGE burger.  Honestly, the bun was the size of a small bread plate.  TOWB prides themselves in their fresh daily homemade buns which my first bite was quite impressive! I think I even said “WOW this bun is amazing”.   The french fries were delicious, perfect in shape, crisp and size.  I could put away a couple pounds of those fries alone.  The burger itself was really tasty, not a lot of zip but a good comparison to your favorite neighbor's BBQ backyard burger, and the “WOW” sauce was a good touch but it seemed a little light on the application.  The only thing I wish I would have done was split the burger with my husband, because it was really big! Days later I was still thinking “WOW” that burger is still sitting there…hence the name?  I’m sure the entire Wildcat Football team will be loading up on these beasts of a burger next fall.. at least the linemen for sure.
I admire the fact that the guy who started this joint followed his on passion about finding the perfect burger and see on the website that there are other WOW Burgers opening soon in Vancouver, WA and at the Portland Airport at Cascade Station, which is a great location!
On our way out, and while unbuttoning the top button of our jeans wishing we would have wore stretch knit, we notice that there are clip boards hanging on the walls with order forms!  Perhaps the girl at the counter complained enough about nostrils.   Head over to WB's webiste for more info and feel free to comment below on your experience! 


7 comments:

  1. Just ate there for the first time today- yes, the spam was a bit unnerving!! . . .and the bacon a bit too chewy fat- but other than that, my three youngest boys and I liked it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's good that you liked it.. I bet you are still full today! thanks for checking out my post! :)

      Delete
  2. Simply wish to say your article is as amazing.
    The clarity in your put up is simply nice and that i could assume you're knowledgeable in this subject. Well with your permission let me to snatch your feed to keep updated with coming near near post. Thank you a million and please continue the rewarding work.
    Also see my web site :: Trick Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. This web site definitely has all the information I wanted concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.
    Here is my website :: remodeling contractor near winter garden fl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know the way I finished up here, but I believed this submit used to be good. I don't recognise who you might
    be however certainly you are going to a well-known blogger in the
    event you are not already. Cheers!
    My page - Poker

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe this is one of the most vital info for me. And i'm happy studying your article. But want to statement on few general things, The website taste is ideal, the articles is in point of fact great : D. Just right task, cheers

    Here is my blog; Baby Monitors

    ReplyDelete
  6. If some one wants to be updated with most up-to-date
    technologies afterward he must be pay a quick visit this website and be up to date
    all the time.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post: love quotes
    My page :: life quotes

    ReplyDelete