Friday, May 4, 2012

Slam Book 2012


I must have grown up in a much different era than my fellow blog friends or maybe just in my part of town we didn't do "slam books" because I had no idea about them.  Maybe people just slammed each other to their face in my neck of the woods.  I have a few posts I'm working on, but in the mean time I thought I'd be a good sport for the the person who "slammed" me to write this down (thanks Britches&Boots). Who knows maybe you'll find something out about me that you didn't know.  If you are a blogger and have also been slammed by me or just found this and want to join the fun feel free to follow the rules below and post away.  You can find my questions for you at the bottom of the post. 




The Rules are:
1. You must post the rules!!
2. Answer the 11 questions
3. Create 11 new questions to ask people you've tagged
                                                          4. Tag 11 bloggers and link them to your post

Right click and save the banner above (bloggers that I tag!) then go to PicMonkey upload it and write your blogs name down! This way we know you have been "slammed"! The questions written below are from  Britches and Boots to me! OK here I go: 

1. What makes you tick? I love history, old things that have charm and a story, a cozy house, a good meal with good conversation,  coffee and classical music , a good movie and hot chocolate on a cold wintry day, sitting outside drinking iced tea on a 70 degree day, the breeze of a spring day, the beach, Adirondack chair waiting for me overlooking a great setting.

2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love blogging because it connects me with others in a different way.  Often people don't get to see my humorous side unless we are around each other in other settings.   Blogging allows me to open that window of humor and I see the world that connects with people in a different way than singing, and I enjoy that people are interested in what I am writing about.

3. What is your LEAST favorite thing about blogging? RUTS and lack of time.  I have ideas but sometimes no time or I have time and no ideas flowing. 

4. If you could do anything what would it be?  I used to think I'd want to tour with a band, but that was before I realized how much time the band is away from family and how in the middle of the concert the bus is not cool anymore.  If I could do anything I would want to be a regular on a funny
sit-com and live in a cool beach house on Balboa Island.

5. Whats your favorite color and why? Blue for the home- It's restful and cozy to me. Black is a close 2nd because it's slimming.

6. What is the best gift you ever received? Spiritually, the Gift of Salvation.. Physically: Family and Shallowly: Unexpected Money

7. Any advice for novices wanting to speak their mind in the blogging world? Write about what makes you happy, don't get caught up thinking you have to write a novel.  Some of the best blogs I have seen are just interesting pictures of the day and a short blurb.

8. What are 3 things you could not live with out (items not people!) Bible, Lip Gloss, Pair Of Shoes (I hate being bare foot)

9. Favorite room in your house and why? Living room.. that's where the unwinding of a busy day happens and "free time".

10. Best memory? This is a tough one because I rate memory bests on categories of life.. so I'm going to pick best music memory: when I released my first CD and had the concert.  I looked out in the audience and couldn't believe how many people were there, who cared to show up, and then selling over 500 CD's in one night.  I felt on top of the world and that I finally found the thing God created me to do, it made me super happy.
11. What do YOU want us to know about YOU?  I'm guessing people assume, because I can sing in front of thousands of people, that I must a confident and secure person.  I'm not.  I actually have dealt with insecurities all my life and struggled with social anxiety for a few years.  I never feel like I say or do the right thing at a get together and in the past would  much rather just stay home.  I'm comfortable now on stage with music but it's a daily work in progress to not be down on myself for other things and let those insecurities creep in.  I've come to the point socially where I don't worry too much about what others think but instead am just myself and they can take it or leave it.  That has been freeing not to have to feel bad if I don't get a good response from someone.. I've learned that grace has to go both ways, I never know what that person is going through and why they might not be super friendly.

TAG YOUR IT! NOW...I will not be offended if you do not want to play but...those I am tagging are:
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONGhttp://lauracombes.blogspot.com/
BROKEN FRAME PHOTOGRAPHY http://citygirlinacountrytown.blogspot.com/
SONG OF JOY http://carriepostma.blogspot.com/

1. How long have you been blogging?
2. If you could go back to one grade in school from K-12 What would it be?
3. You have 10k.. what vacation spot will you pick?
4. When are you the most creative?
5. If you could do a parenting thing over what would it be?
6. What is your biggest fear/phobia
7. You have a free day! Where/What will you do?
8. If you could do any job what would it be?
9. What is Your Favorite Go To Movie
10. What is Your favorite food?
11. What do YOU want us to know about YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment