Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Largest Hanging Basket In The World

The Garden Corner.. Cheap Therapy

I've never been a green thumb, in fact, I look at a plant in my yard and it seems to start dehydrating and curling up on the ends.  I still try though, and hope one day through much trial and error, reading, learning from others and looking for good ideas it will pay off.  I decided this year to try fertilizing the plants on a regular basis however. 

 I think part of the problem is I have never lived in the same house for more than 5 years so just about the time I'm starting to see the fruits of my labor we leave it.  I'm sure if I visited many of my old homes I would be more encouraged seeing how things have progressed.    One of my favorite things to do is visit The Garden Corner.  Every year they get more creative, more flowers, more beautiful displays.  It is a great place just to walk around and get flower therapy, at least on a sunny day.  Walking through you will get so many ideas and even a free cup of Illy's coffee or foo foo coffee drink that John the owner likes to make himself.  Each year he also likes to come up with something bigger and better.   2012 he unveiled the largest hanging basket in the world!!  It's not for sale.
My 5'2 Mom Next to the Giant Basket!


One thing I'm always blown away by at the Garden Corner is the HUGE planters and fountains displayed. As you weave through on the deck path every corner has something interesting to look at. If I have to complain (and I don't) it's that prices are a little higher than other box stores, but the plants are super healthy, unless of course your hired help to do a "one time clean up" can't recognize a starter plant from a weed, which makes it much more expensive in the end!

Hanging framed plants, perfect for a wall or fence!

To find the Garden Corner:  http://www.thegardencorner.com/
 21550 Southwest 108th Avenue Tualatin, OR 97062
(503) 885-1934



No comments:

Post a Comment